More Amazon pictures with Dad's commentary:
"These two are of the school house and the teacher. He wanted to accomodate us inside the building and was in process of setting up some old school desks with us assisting. Suddenly, I noticed our people and even the natives shooing something out of their hair. I did not hear them but was told we had disturbed a nest of wasps in the school room. After a while I was the only one left with the school teacher and our native guide seen on the left. I wonder, why I never heard the mosquitos that bit me! More later."
Village school house.
"We paid a surprise visit to this village of the RibereƱos (River people). The children came running out of the rain forest to greet us. The mother always walks around with a machete for protection against the anaconda snakes and to cut through the forest to get at fruit trees. All are barefoot. More on these people later. "



No comments:
Post a Comment