Thursday, November 29, 2007

Dancing With the Stars

Grab your boots and your cowboy hat (or John Deere cap), cause we're havin a Ho-Down! Seeing as we had a good time in our garage last year doing the Virginia Reel, we decided to arrange a square dance this year. Since we didn't figure there would be room in our garage for everyone, we arranged to use a friend's barn/shop (and it is heated Grandma!). We also have a square dance caller that will be there to help us out. We thought it would be fun to expose Grandma and Grandpa to some midwest entertainment. :) The plan, as it stands now, is to have the dance on Friday evening. We will try to do it early enough that those of us with small children can join in and still get kids to bed at a decent hour. We will post more details later regarding meals, etc.

12 comments:

Peter and Myrna said...

Well, swing your partner, do-see-do! LaGrange Lebrons like that idea!

Papi & Nena said...

Flannel shirt, Bolo Tie and tennis shoes OK?

Peter and Myrna said...

Dad, it's Missouri. You won't need the Bolo tie!

Southern girls said...

It has come to my attention that a certain member of the family (namely, my brother) is being a scrooge and not wanting to participate in this entertaining event. Any help from the rest of the family to "persuade" a certain cousin from South Dakota would be welcome.

Hannah said...

Certain Cousin from South Dakota,
You don't like dancing eh? There was a dance at your wedding reception after all. =)

Peter and Myrna said...

Though David did not include uncles, I second what Hannah said (knowing it was probably not the choice of the “certain member of the family” from South Dakota to have a dance at his wedding. A pick up basketball game, maybe, but not a dance.)

Levi, Jenny, Marcus, Carson, and Cole said...

Uh huh.... blame it on the one who has no time to look at this blog and defend themselves from these allegations! I see how you all are: blame the northerner!!!!

Go M-I-Z Z-O-U

Hannah said...

Northerner,
If you feel the need to defend yourself, why don't you defend yourself? ;D

Rosana said...

I have figured it out, the certain northern cousin is getting old and therefore no longer wants to have fun; while the rest of us are staying young. ;D

David K. said...

I know I was the one to instigate the barage of comments geared towards "persuading" Levi to join in on the dance, but I feel I owe him some defense this time. I know Levi was not intentionally avoiding the dance last night but rather was needing to watch his boys as well as his feet were bothering him from spending all week on concrete in the OR. If we do this again and Levi's boys are a little older, I'm sure he'd be willing to join in, right Levi? On a seperate note, that was a LOT of fun last night! It seems everyone had a good time and Grandma and Grandpa got to actually join in on some "midwest entertainment." Thanks to everyone for making it a special evening!

Rosana said...

I totally agree, Levi had a very good reason to not dance last night. :)
Levi, you are great with your kids!!

Hannah said...

The square dance was a lot of fun, David! Thank you for arranging it!

And yes, Levi did have good reasons not to participate. =)